If you enjoy rhubarb, this simple recipe can be a creative way of adding rhubarb to a variety of foods. It's free of refined sugar, only uses 5 ingredients, and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Allow me to share with you some of my favorite ways to enjoy this tasty sauce.
1. Pour over fresh fruit
2. Add a dollop to your oatmeal or granola
3. As a topping over some dairy free vanilla ice cream
4. A sauce for your pancakes or waffles...YUM!
5. An ingredient added into your baked goods
6. Spread it on muffins or bread
7. OR, eat it right from a spoon!
Hopefully I have convinced you to give this a try because I absolutely love it! You can also try mixing in some other fruits, like strawberries, when making the purée.
4 cups rhubarb, cut off leaves and dice
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Trim leaves off end of rhubarb, then wash, and dice.
2. Place all ingredients into a medium pot and cook over medium heat. Stir frequently for about 5-7 minutes.
3. When you notice the rhubarb starting to cook down, reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to stir frequently for another 7-10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and use your immersion blender to create a smooth purée. You can use your blender if you don't have an immersion blender.
5. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in your refrigerator. This recipe will make about 2 1/2 cups.