This is a recipe you will love having in your arsenal as there are so many things you can do with it. It us a basic pound cake recipe which I bake in my bundt pan as it presents an appetizing and pretty appearance. The cake is moist and dense- a perfect fit for topping it with some of your favorite fruits. Or maybe you gravitate towards chocolate. If that's you, then add some chocolate chips into the batter before you bake it. Then you will end up with a Vanilla Chocolate Chip Pound Cake.
The vanilla flavor is subtle so you don't have to worry about it overpowering whatever flavors you are pairing it with. We enjoy serving it with strawberries when in season. It's like our version of a strawberry shortcake. The pound cake goes great with a variety of mixed berries as well. Or, simply add some Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream. The possibilities are endless and completely up to you.
3 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup grass-fed butter or ghee, melted (coconut oil works too)
3/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbs pure vanilla extract
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1. Grease you bundt pan with coconut oil and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix your almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, maple syrup, butter, coconut milk, and vanilla until blended.
4. Add your wet ingredients to you dry ingredients and thoroughly combine. Pour batter into your bundt pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
5. Once your cake is done, allow at least one hour to cool before flipping your pan over to release the cake. If you flip it too soon, your cake may not look so pretty once it's out of the pan.
6. Once your cake has cooled, enjoy it with whatever pairings you have in mind. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.