This is one of my favorite salads. Nice and light, fresh and just delicious, perfect for ushering in summer! A mix of lettuces with a dash of lemon and parsley, a healthy dose of fresh dungeness crab meat, tossed with a homemade Dijon vinaigrette dressing, makes it a healthy and satisfying choice.
One of my family's favorite ways to enjoy this salad is with some grilled shrimp skewers. We love this meal in the summer time as the fresh seafood is light but flavorful. It also feels clean and refreshing which is a nice treat on a hot day.
On top of those bonuses, add the fact that it is one of those easily prepared meals. Perfect for weekend grilling when time is short due to all of the days fun activities. This salad is also great for entertaining as fresh crab meat is hard to resist!
1 pound fresh wild caught crab (my favorite brand locally)
8 cups mixed greens (I use red leaf butter lettuce, green leaf lettuce, and baby spinach)
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs fresh Italian parsley, minced
Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
1/3 cup olive oil
1/8 cup raw apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs raw local honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
sea salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. To prepare the dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Or, using a mason jar with a lid, place all of the ingredients in the jar. Secure lid tightly and shake well until all ingredients are incorporated thoroughly. The dressing makes about 1/2 cup. Set aside while you prepare the salad.
2. Chop the lettuce and place in a large salad bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the crab with the fresh lemon juice and minced parsley.
4. Toss 1/4 cup of the dressing with the mixed greens. Reserve the rest of the dressing for individual servings if needed.
5. Top the greens with the crab mixture. Serves 4-6 people.